Home Staging for the Holiday Season
Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and the Christmas season will be here before we know it! If your home is on the market, it’s important that it radiates the cheerfulness and warmth of the holiday season. Below are several ways to accomplish this:
1) Don’t overdo the holiday decorations. This may sound counterintuitive, but keep your holiday decorations to a minimum. In many cases they will distract your potential buyers and pull attention away from your home! The goal is to create holiday cheer—but this is best done subtly.
2) Keep your home well lit. As daylight decreases in the winter, it’s important that you compensate by keeping your lights on and your blinds open while there is daylight outside! A well lit house feels welcoming and cheerful—a dimly lit home has the opposite effect.
3) Consider a holiday-themed doormat. As you know, the curbside appeal of your home is critical, both in creating the first impression and in enticing the potential buyer to see the inside. A colorful doormat adds the perfect touch of holiday flavor.
4) Bake cookies before a showing! In addition to making your home smell great, fresh cookies will immediately make your prospect feel welcomed and “at home.” It’s also a wonderful way to start your relationship on a positive note.
5) Use color to subtly set the mood. Don’t go overboard with red and green. Instead, look for subtle opportunities to introduce warm, welcoming colors to your home. The right touch of color will create an ambience of warmth and cheer, without dominating the room.
Your home staging strategy plays a critical role in the selling process—and as the holiday season rolls around, it is important that your home fits the mood and the expectations of potential buyers. During this season, many sellers are more motivated than ever—meaning you’ll likely have to compete with falling prices. Your home staging strategy is the best way to counter this pressure. If you would like more information, or if you would like professional help to make your home look its best, get in touch with us today!